Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Never rains but it pours!


Lets start off with the good news first! We had a lovely Easter, I worked hard at my stained glass so that the lampshade can actually be put together when I have my next lesson - just the foiling and soldering to do and then it can be done. We picked up Paddy from the stables so that I had a horse to ride which was great - driving is lovely but you can't go the same places! However, Wombles nose was very out of joint when Paddy came back - was like having two stallions - we had to keep them a field apart!

Ed & Sue and Mom came round for lunch on Sunday - yummy chicken and roast lamb. I'm afraid my weight watchers ent by the board this weekend - even though I resisted hot cross buns and chocolate.

On Monday we were VERY energetic - we climbed up Perdeberg mountain and had a picnic on the top - lovely views, we live in such a gorgeous valley - and the fields were pink with cosmos. Then, after that we went for a ride - so we really were energetic. We took Paddy back to the stables on Sunday and that was a bit of a disaster - there was nobody there to unlock the gate so we had to reverse the horsebox about 500m down a very narrow track - awful!

Back to work on Tuesday and then it all started going wrong, crime is really getting out of hand now. All this one one day:
1. Janet was burgled
2. Johans cell phone was stolen
3. Jenny Self was burgled
4. Marcels daughter-in-law was killed in a road accident, the week after her mother and aunt were attacked at home and her aunt was killed.

All this bad news in one day and the next day was just as bad. Sarah and Charlie had put in an offer on a farm which they were told had been accepted - only to be told yesterday that it hadn't - they have to move out of their place (horses, dogs goats etc) by the end of April and now have nowhere to go. Then Bruce phoned from the UK to say my mum was back in hospital and he thinks I need to come over. Have phoned the hospital and am waiting to hear more. But, my passport is away getting its Eygptian visa...... jeesh!

No comments: